Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Effort 10 – Quantifying My Efforts


For 30 days, I will share the joys, pains, and dirty little secrets of my life with multiple sclerosis. My goal is to find a reason to convince you to support/share my fight against MS. Please donate today: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/eleanor.

This is Effort Number 10…

I was going to call this blog post “The Constant Noise of Quantifying My Efforts.” I felt it was redundant and overkill; I think you get the point. There are countless side benefits, but the primary reason for outreach to my readers is fundraising.

Today
As of September 4, 3:10 PM, the online fundraising efforts for Eleanor Byrne stand at $26,800.71. With this, plus money not yet included online, fundraising currently stands at approximately $30,000. That gives me four weeks to raise $20,000.

What does my Army of donors look like right now?
Average donation: $160.51
Mode (our most common donation): $100.00

Simple math tells me the effectiveness of my current efforts (based on my outreach). It also tells me how many people I need to focus on to reach our goal, given the same ratio of donations.

I don’t care about that. One of the reasons I would never make a good professional fundraiser is that I don’t know how to set targets and expected donation levels. My attempts to do so don’t look very sophisticated, anyway.

Let’s try that anyway
If I look at donation levels of $100, 200 new supporters will need to join my campaign. Personally, I’m shocked that there are 167 who like me enough to donate in the first place!

[Well, what do you expect, Mister Sociable?]
Not now, Inside Voice. Not now…
[Sorry.]

There is no way I can do this by myself – that never was, nor should it ever be the reason.

In a very direct approach, this is my appeal for Bike MS 2019.

If you have not donated to my campaign, what can I do to gain your support? $100, $50, $25, $10… I treat every donation with a significant amount of gratitude. Of course, that includes $250, $500, $1000, and above! Every donor to the 2019 campaign will receive our thank you card. Check out our collection of thank you cards throughout the years: http://neverstopneverquit.com/thanks/cards.

As a thank you, for any of our supporters who donate $300 or more, I will send you a signed copy of one of my books:
My MS and E
The Ramblings of a Condemned Man
…in abeyance
Annie Flynn – First Row, Second Desk
Moments
A personal thank you for your tax-deductible contribution.
If there is something I’m not doing or another reason why you choose not to donate, please feel free to reach out and tell me what I can do better. KevJByrne@Gmail.com
I do understand donors who support other riders or events. I am eternally grateful for your contribution, regardless of where it goes. If you would like to be added to my list to thank, please feel free to send me a note. We’re all in this together.

Be in influencer — Refer a friend or another influencer
Is there someone who does not know me, my fundraising efforts, my writings, or my generally wonderful disposition(!), Send them a link to my blog or forward one of my outreach emails. I need your help here – we are all in this together. Some of my loyal fundraisers first connected in the same fashion, an effort for which my gratitude overflows.
  • Do you write a blog, or for a newspaper/organization?
  • Do you know someone?
  • Do you know someone who knows someone!?
  • Is there someone you know who would relish in my stories/books? Let me know, I can send them a copy –
  • Do you know someone who has MS/has a friend with MS/has a family member with MS? Let me know, I can send them a copy or make a connection – beyond fundraising, this is a lot of what I do.
  • Do you have a great idea that would help my effort? 
  • Let me know and let’s chat.


How to raise $20,000 in four weeks? $1 at a time. My efforts alone pale in comparison to the aggregate juggernaut that is Never Stop… Never Quit…

The original concept of Never Stop… Never Quit… was not my own (Prologue), nor is its heart and mission. My hope is that we can gain your support; the hope is my story will inspire your donation in this fight.

Because it is a fight.
The fight is not over and it won’t be over until a cure is found.
It will never stop…nor will we
It will never quit…nor will we
This is why we ride!

100% of the royalties earned from my books go to the National MS Society, to support our fight: http://neverstopneverquit.com/books

Never Stop… Never Quit…®
Kevin Byrne
Portland, OR

Never Stop… Never Quit… Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.


No comments:

Post a Comment