Thursday, September 17, 2020

Setting Everything Else Aside

 

In November 2017, my fight against MS broke. Everything came to a screeching halt except three priorities: my health, my mind, and My Little Love. I emerged from that sabbatical a changed man. By no means fixed, I had a newfound focus and direction. Everything flourished. My blogging and writing (both published and unpublished) were more clear; diet and exercise programs lead to not yet realized gains; my emotions healed and allowed me to care enough to discover friendship and feel love.

 

Setting everything else aside was the greatest gift I ever received. The step allowed me to focus and evaluate absolutely everything in my life — it allowed me to experience. Wins/losses, ups/downs, highs/lows, passion/loneliness, gains/losses… To my surprise, a game to one resolution two and a half years later:

“I don’t want to live like this” (April 19, 2020 Act IV, Scene I)

 

As I work to find ways to describe what I found, what I want, who I am, you need to set everything else aside. My health, my mind, and My Little Love are joined by my heart and my soul.

 

This is not the unsettled world I stumbled into at the end of 2017. I know what I hope to find. I just need time to focus, search, and describe that which I can already see.

 

I’ll poke my head out of this shell every once in a while (everything in moderation…).

 

Out!

 

This is not about what my life will be like when the fight is over.

I will never stop

I will never quit

This is my story

 

 

https://mssociety.donordrive.com/participant/Eleanor

100% of the royalties earned from my books go to the National MS Society, to support our fight: http://neverstopneverquit.com/books

 

Never Stop… Never Quit…®

Kevin Byrne

Portland, OR

www.neverstopneverquit.com

www.neverstopneverquit.blogspot.com

 

Never Stop… Never Quit… Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.


No comments:

Post a Comment