Sunday, May 23, 2021

Reconstructing and Defining Kevin, Part 11: The Answer

Part 11: The Answer

 

My inside voice and I have decided these efforts are an exercise in futility.

I am frustrated by the challenges faced when articulating my experience. The answer is to focus on wellness – cultivating your capacity to monitor and ultimately regulate positive-fashion responses in eight unique dimensions of existence. Is there any need to drag my story on through additional pages? Here is my final presentation at the pulpit.

My life has been a whirlwind of highs and lows, peppered with experiences that served as fodder for my blogs, stories, and books. More will follow this rant, as my tales of fantasy will continue to fill written pages. Writing is the outlet for my expression I have grown to prefer over rage, vices, depression, and isolation.

The challenges I experience in my life or not unique. Many people deal with adversities greater than mine. In this aspect, I have no reason to complain. I have been, and continued to remain, quite fortunate in my lifetime.

I did not want to guide anyone down the path of any “I have healed/cured myself” mindset. Any such implication is far from true.

  • I have multiple sclerosis. I will always have multiple sclerosis. Though I manage the symptoms well right now, my disabilities are significant. They will worsen over time. Every effort I make in support of my fight against this disease is to ensure the next generation will not have to suffer the words, “You Have MS.”
  • Challenges to my wellness will resurface. I don’t know when, but physical, mental, and emotional pressures are inevitable in life. My awareness of their presence will ultimately be my saving grace.
  • My body and my mind will falter. Beyond that one absolute, every point is debatable: outlet, timing, duration, even my response. I can do nothing more but Pray for the Best, Anticipate the Worst, and Be Prepared for Both.

 

[So, does this mean I can stop pretending to be your partner in this exercise and go back to my role as your inside voice?]

Yes, it does.

[Should I give the spoiler alert, or would you like the others?]

I’ll do it.

 

SPOILER ALERT: this story is not over. I drafted this portion on January 15. That was before…

***

The developing draft of my story will be shared on this secure drive location: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E4cNpkFBU4qf3zYDIqZ5Nw72DzhGe88r?usp=sharing

 

These are the thoughts going through my mind as I try to piece it all together…

This is not about what my life will be like when the fight is over.

I will never stop

I will never quit

This is my story

 

https://mssociety.donordrive.com/participant/Eleanor

100% of the royalties earned from my books go to the National MS Society, to support our fight: http://neverstopneverquit.com/books

 

Never Stop… Never Quit…®

Kevin Byrne

Portland, OR

www.neverstopneverquit.com

www.neverstopneverquit.blogspot.com

Never Stop… Never Quit… Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.


No comments:

Post a Comment