Friday, August 11, 2023

What Is the Result of 20 Years of Fundraising?


I started in 2003.

Through individual effort, as co-captain of Team Amulet, or as the president of NEVER STOP NEVER QUIT, I am honored to have raised over $800,000 for the National MS Society in support of our fight against the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis.

2023 starts everything all over again. There are two points I remind myself of every single day.

First, I need to be grateful and humble when I recognize the outpouring of love and support I have received during my journey. I must embrace terms like giving back and paying forward more than I focus on getting donations.

Second, what I raised in the past doesn’t mean squat. The financial commitments needed for tomorrow’s treatments are not there, and it is up to me to help fill that void. Just because my supporters were gracious enough to donate before does not mean I can expect the same (or more) this year—their support is something I must earn.

Over the past few days, I sent this note (or something very similar) to many of my exceptional army of supporters for our past bike MS campaigns. My slow trod through their history, plus the need for a greater outreach of individuals and companies, means I need your help.

What do you want to see from me to earn your support?

Is there a path into your company/organization through which you can introduce me?

Never Stop… Never Quit…

Kevin

**

It’s been three years since I last hit the road for bike MS. 2020 was a century ride, even if I did it from the comfort of my garage under the cloud of Covid-19.

I plan to make up for it this year. For assurance, Rogue will join me in her first-ever bike MS. I will document this journey through video clips and stories, all posted to my social media profiles.

Before I ask for your support, let me walk through some changes and upgrades in our world.

Fundraising for the National MS Society is still our passion. Now going by her middle name, the shortcut to Rogue’s bike MS page is https://mssociety.donordrive.com/participant/Rogue. No matter their source, all donations go here in the end!

NEVER STOP NEVER QUIT was re-designated from a private foundation to a public charity.

What does this mean?

Your donations are still tax-deductible. There are just more ways to give. Check out our donation page for more information on how you or your company can support us in our fight against the devastating effects of multiple sclerosis: https://NeverStopNeverQuit.com/donate. 100% of the money you donate will go to that fight (Rogue’s bike MS campaign). There is no extra layer–I pay all costs for managing our charity.

2023’s ride will be a challenge for both of us. Rogue is a theater/volleyball phenom. Biking is not her thing, but she’s doing it for me. My legs are much slower and weaker than the last time I was on the road. On September 23 and 24, however, none of that will matter. Our friends and MS family with Team Road Kill took us in when I could no longer maintain Team Amulet. With their motivation, all the passions of our MS community, and your support, we will make my 21st year supporting this incredible organization a weekend to remember.

Your donations in the past have helped us cross so many thresholds. I’m thankful and humble to have this opportunity again. Please consider another donation in support of our continuing fight to move forward toward that one goal that unites us all: A World Free of MS!

Love,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment