Friday, May 26, 2017

Incontinence, and Other Inconsequential Ramblings of a Condemned Man

Once again, just the other day, I was Eleanor’s hero.
SUPER DADDY to the rescue; able to rescue a scared little girl in a single bound!
The poor kid had an accident overnight. She was distressed the next morning, trying to explain how she didn’t do anything wrong. I figured it was time to ‘fess up.
“Hey, Sweetie, it’s OK. It was just an accident; it happened to everyone when they’re growing up. I’ve had accidents, too.”
“Really?”
“Yep. I’ve had accidents outside, just walking around and I peed in my pants. It just happened sometimes.”
“Wow! How old were you when that happened?”
“45.”
I really hope my daughter doesn’t have a poop accident. I don’t want to tell that story.


Bladder dysfunction, which occurs in at least 80% of people with MS, can usually be managed quite successfully with medications, fluid management, and intermittent self-catheterization.
Constipation is a particular concern among people with MS, as is loss of control of the bowels. Bowel issues can typically be managed through diet, adequate fluid intake, physical activity and medication.


The fight is not over and it won’t be over until a cure is found.
It will never stop…nor will we
It will never quit…nor will we
This is why we fight!

Never Stop… Never Quit…®
Kevin Byrne
Portland, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment