Sunday, June 5, 2016

Bike MS 2016 - Shut Up and Dance

Eleanor.

This adorable six-year-old girl is the only reason I can possibly think of as to why I’d ever change my mantra. The simple truth is SHE is why I fight. More accurately stated, Eleanor is a constant reminder of everything I hold dear. Through my darkest days when, to borrow a phrase familiar to my West Point family, “hope becomes forlorn", Eleanor is my rallying point. She reminds me of what I need to do: fight.

Please accept my loving apologies, Brie.  In am sorry if this disappoints you, Mom.  Eleanor’s influence is more powerful than any other woman’s hold on me. She is beautifully comfortable in worlds where I am her Daddy and idol, where we struggle together through emotional growing pains, where she is my compassionate caregiver, and in the days where we are truly two peas in a pod!

As we move into this year’s Bike MS season, I’ll use my blog as a podium from which I will shout her praises, hopefully offering some insight into the impact My Little Love has on my survival.

As I did for the 2015 season, the themes of my stories come from the music chosen for my ride.  This year’s playlist belongs as much to Eleanor as it does me.  Every song is reviewed and enjoyed by us both yet approved solely by her. Some choices may be obvious; others have the most obscure rationale behind them.  My stories may help explain why you may hear me rock out on the road to Pitch Perfect’s “Run the World (Girls)” one mile, then abruptly mix into the 82nd Airborne Chorus’ “Blood Upon the Riser”.  Then again, they may not…

Please join me for this 2016 Bike MS adventure.  Listen along as our choices grow (the mix is a work in process).  Enjoy the sounds and emotions Eleanor and I celebrate with daily.

Without further ado, in tune with the ever-looming demand from Ellie, Shut Up and Dance!

The fight is not over and it won’t be over until a cure is found.
It will never stop…nor will we
It will never quit…nor will we
This is why we fight!

Never Stop… Never Quit…®
Kevin Byrne
Portland, OR

* Inspiration: WALK THE MOON, "Shut Up And Dance", RCA, 2014
Ellie definitely take my arm and leads me through some tough struggles.  Listen to this song, every line and every emotion, and try to capture a glimpse of my adoration, infatuation, and love for this girl.

For the full selection of Ellie's 2016 BikeMS mix, go to: https://open.spotify.com/user/22cq6yaewkxyysepfxm5pb7hy/playlist/0JxHvtzx2weHhcqVLagbOc


Never Stop... Never Quit... Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off.

No comments:

Post a Comment